The heat today is almost unbearable out there. I checked the weather as soon as I got back and it was 80 degrees with 75% humidity. There's hardly a cloud in the sky and hardly a breeze to be had. I was baking for the entire 40 minutes I was out of the house - and no, not the cookie kind of baking. The air was thick and there were times I felt like my blood was boiling. I knew as soon as I walked out the door that it would be a bit of struggle.
I tried to put the heat out of my mind and focus on putting one foot in front of the other. There is a certain point on my loop that I checked my watch on Monday to see how much time was left. At that same point I checked again today. Monday it took me 22 minutes to go that far and today it took exactly 20. I had an idea I was going faster. I could feel myself stretching my legs out a bit. Since I did go that much faster at the beginning, the end was harder. I ended the run on a slight uphill which was downright brutal. I finished, though, and that's all that really matters.
Now, here I sit, slightly hungry, wet hair from a cool shower and only one day left in this crazy journey. I'm so close. This is possibly one of the greatest things I have ever done. Not because it's overly impressive, but because I set a goal that was rather lofty for me and I accomplished it.
Thanks for sticking with me, guys. I'll be back to more "normal" posts next week.
S.
1 comment:
I am very proud of you for accomplishing this! Maybe one of these days I'll actually get all the way through the program. :)
Post a Comment