Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Rut

So, apparently my boring summer routine has kept me from blogging. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I only have one more week or work. Four more days. Sixteen more hours. It'll all definitely be worth it when that paycheck hits the bank next month!

One more week of work means vacation is also one week away. I am in no way prepared for my month away from home, but I'm not stressing (not totally anyway) yet. I plan to make many lists at work on Monday so I can organize myself for the rest of the week. So much to do!

Have I mentioned my vacation before? No? I'm bumming along on my parents trip again this summer. Just me. B is staying home since he's in ALC until early August. I struggled with the decision to go without him, but he assured me it was fine and we both agreed that I should/could go while I still can. We won't be so conveniently located for an easy pick up forever and we still don't have any kids to worry about, so why not? Plus, I could totally use some lake time in my life. So, I'll be away from home for right at a month. Almost three weeks on the lake then a handful of days in NYC. Fun times!

I have officially completed my 8-week exercise commitment. Tomorrow I re-do my fitness test to see how much (or if) I improved. I'd love to see some serious gains in ability and/or loss in inches/weight, but I'm not expecting much. I feel stronger, but I'm not sure that will translate to my run or number of squats. My arms are more defined, but will that show up in my measurements? No matter what the test shows, I am really happy with my progress and hope to continue working out in a similar manner moving forward. I don't think I could (or would want to) commit to doing this constantly forever, but perhaps a series of 8-week commitments with breaks in between. I'll figure it out in August when I'm back and I'll do my best to get up and moving while I'm on vacation. I just can't believe I set a goals and worked to achieve it. I'm such a quitter sometimes, but not this time!

Quick boat update: It's been in the shop for a week (or two?), got some things tweaked, cost us $450, and still needs something replaced. Yaaaay. Not. She's back in her storage lot until further notice. I won't miss her while I'm on vacation.

I'll end with this... When you start keeping track of everything you spend, the end of the month isn't so fun. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Double Payday on Tuesday!! I'll be a shopping fool (especially with vacation coming up) the end of this week! :)



No comments: