2. I made The Pioneer Woman's famous chocolate cake tonight. It was every bit as good (and sinful) as she promised. Go make it.
3. I bought a new swimsuit today! I'm really excited about it. I'd describe it, but I couldn't do it justice - and I'd make it sound ugly and old-lady-ish. I also got a great pair of jeans that actually fits! I've been trying to squeeze into cheap jeans from American Eagle and stuff for the last couple years. The fact of the matter is that my body has changed and those jeans do nothing for me. It's been so long since I've gotten great new stuff - it was alot of fun. It helped that I got to hang out with my brother while shopping! (He's a great sport about shopping with me!)
4. Tiny went to the vet today. He's been having skin problems for the last few months (dry and flaky). The vet thinks it's a staph infection. We have orders to bathe him in medicated shampoo once a week for awhile and see how he does. I really hope it works. It would be so nice for Tiny to have a gorgeous coat again!
5. I called one of my oldest friends today so we could try to meet up while I'm in town and she put me off like she has the last 3 times I've been home. It always goes the same way: I call her, she makes plans with me for the last day I'm in town and then doesn't call me and doesn't answer when I call. Maybe this time she'll call when she says she will. Maybe.
6. Hannah gave me an award today! I can't say enough good things about Hannah. She's the first blogger I struck up a friendship with outside of blogs. We email back and forth and chat on Facebook. She's a great friend to have, even if we've never met and live far away from each other!
Now about the award:
The rules:
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Name 10 things that make you happy.
3. Pass on to 10 bloggers and notify the winners.
So....thanks, Hannah! :)
Happy things:
1. Shopping
2. Tiny
3. Family
4. Good books
5. Rainy afternoons
6. Dessert
7. Yankees
8. Clean sheets
9. Spring days
10. Long walks
Seven bloggers (finding and linking 7 that Hannah didn't already tag took long enough - I just couldn't make it to 10, sorry!):
1. My real life high school friend Leslie @ Little Leslie Grows Up
2. Meg @ Adapting to Change
3. Allison @ I Heart Change
4. Becky @ My Life, From {Army} Brat to Wife
5. Marsie @ Quite Contrary
6. Casey @ The Ever-Changing Life of a Military Wife
7. Katie F. @ The Life of an Army Wife
Geez, that took a long time! All the linking and searching and thinking! I worked on this through the entire 2 hours of DWTS! Oh well, all you girls deserve it and Hannah deserved a big fat thank you.


7 comments:
LOL. I am the worst blogger ever, but thank you. I'll get around to it in the next three months =P
Yay for jeans that fit... such a great feeling! Haha!
Thanks for the award! I've been such a slacker lately, but I'll get on it soon!!
Awww thanks! Now I want a cupcake...
AE jeans never fit me right. I'm still wearing gap, but my faves are Citizens of Humanity (when I can save up for them!).
LOL, I'm pretty sure #2 cancels out #1!!! Just kidding!
Ah thanks girl :). Picking bloggers and then linking to them and then letting them know they got an award takes such a long time! lol.
Btw-- yes, eating that one piece of lettuce counts. It's one more than you normally eat! I'm going to buy Olive Garden dressing and bring it home. Maybe I'll eat more salad.
Thank you for the award. I am puzzled though.. yankees make you happy?? Or THE yankees make you happy?
thank you!! :)
Post a Comment