I have 2 loads of laundry waiting to be folded. I should have just buckled down and folded it the day it was washed. I hate when I put it off! I need to jump in the shower, too. I'll be hitting the road bright and early tomorrow and don't need to worry about showering before dawn. And speaking of hitting the road: I need to pack! I'm terrible about putting it off until the last minute. It's going to be a short trip home, but weather is always unpredictable in West Texas in Spring. Snow one day, 75 the next. What's a girl to pack?
Yesterday at work a creepy bug was crawling down the hallway when I was working with a group. I kept flicking it away with my finger when it got too close. It was a resilient little thing - it would pretend it was dead and suddenly it would be crawling around again. When our group was over and the kids were walking back to class, the last 3 boys stepped on the bug and killed it. It struck me as ironic - I'm the adult, but they killed the bug for me.
So, anyone wondering how my vegetable thing is going? Well, it's not. Ha! I didn't feel right buying vegetables and experimenting when I knew I was going out of town for 6 days. I've been making an effort to eat better in other ways, though. I've committed to upping my fiber intake - which is truly what I needed to do. It's an empowering way to go about eating, in my opinion. Instead of taking away calories, I'm adding fiber. I'm making easy switches between white pasta and whole wheat pasta. I'm eating alot of apples (love apples!) with the skins still on! I'm adding more beans which I've always loved. Truly, I haven't made any major changes to my diet, but have been more aware of what I'm eating. Once I get back next week, I'm going to start adding veggies to the mix. I'm nervous about this. I hope I don't gag too much!
I've had a mini-surge of new followers lately. How are you guys finding me? I don't show up in search engines so I'm always curious how people stumble upon me on the world wide web.
Well, Brian's home early and I need to get cracking on my to-do list. What are you doing this weekend?

3 comments:
I found you through another blog on my cousin's blog lol. And I love reading your posts!!!
You are so brave, my friend! I couldn't handle the veggies. However, I trust your judgement, so if you create something that tastes fantastic, let me know so I can try it too!!
You've got an award at my blog! :)
You could juice! You don't get the fiber, but you still get the nutrients. Tonight I did part of a beet, some green onions, red cabbage, radishes, collard greens, swiss chard, tomatoes, an apple and a jalapeno. It was delicious!
Post a Comment