Another facet of my spring cleaning: getting back to the gym! I've restarted the Couch-to-5K program, but I'm doing it on a treadmill this time instead of outside. In a perfect world, I'd rather do it outside, but I'm finding it easier to do it on the treadmill. It controls my pace for me and I'm able to keep track of my distance better. Plus I get to watch TV...in the air conditioning! I've been really good about getting myself there and I'm already feeling better about myself. My pants had gotten unacceptably tight and I was sorta freaking out about it. I think I'm back on track.
I'm also vowing to get on top of our finances this spring. Now that my paychecks are finally rolling in on a regular basis, I wanted to keep track of where our money was going and try to get some money into savings every month. I'm proud to say that we had several hundred dollars left over last month. It helps that (1) February only has 28 days, (2) Brian was out of town and (3) I committed to not spending while he was gone. In any case, it was exciting when I figured out the numbers this afternoon and saw how much we had left. We'll see how March goes!
So, that's the spring cleaning going on around here. I'm cleaning my house, my body and my finances. What are you spring cleaning?

1 comment:
Sounds very productive! And I can't believe that he'll be back on Tuesday...time flew by (at least I hope it did for you!)
Post a Comment