On Monday, November 22, 2010, my precious Tiny went to puppy heaven.
I made the incredibly, horrendously, depressing decision to end his suffering.
I fell in love with him over 4 years ago when he came into my life.
He brought immeasurable joy to my life every single day.
I miss him terribly. I think about him all the time.
The rest of this post will be pictures and memories that I never want to forget.
I'm sorry I stepped away from the blog.
I needed to wallow and try to be happy again.
Plus, I wanted to make sure I took my time with this post.
He deserves it.
I still remember the feel of your soft fur on my lips when I would kiss the top of your head.
I miss your big floppy ears.
I miss the sound they'd make when you'd shake your head.
I still expect to hear
your nails on the hardwood floors,
your snores in the night,
your "chewbacca" noises when you're hungry,
your bark at every doorbell or knock.
"Grandpa" misses "giving birth to a head" every time he sat down at the table.
You were so gentle for being so big.
There wasn't a mean bone in your body.
You never meant to step on my toes.
Everyone always laughed when they learned your name.
I always blamed the name choice on your father.
I can't imagine you with another name now.
You were such a playful puppy long after the puppy stage should have ended.
You always made me laugh.
You were the best travelling companion.
How many miles did you travel with me between LA and TX?
Thousands.
You loved your toys.
I had so much fun buying you toys and watching you play with them.
I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them yet.
They still smell like you.
Your hair is still everywhere.
I know I'll still be finding little hairs years from now.
I'll think of you every time.
You loved to sit on laps, couches and chairs.
You would just back yourself up and sit down like you belonged there.
People would always laugh when they witnessed it for the first time.
Scratching your white spot was the key to your happiness.
Anytime anyone did it, you'd stretch your nose up to the sky and become absolutely still.
You loved your "Nana".
If ever I couldn't find you, chances were you'd be laying in the other room with her.
You got so excited to ride in the truck.
You never cared where we were going or how long the ride would be.
I'd crack the windows and you'd sit in the back sniffing the air, trying to figure out what all the smells were.
I snapped this last picture on the way to the vet on that last morning.
For that ride I thought you deserved to have the window rolled all the way down for once.
I miss you so much Tinyboy.
How can I ever say goodbye to you?
I thought you'd be mine for 8 years, not 4.
I hope you're running around in a big field somewhere in puppy heaven.
I hope you're watching me. There is a puppy heaven, right?
I've had such a bad week without you.
It's really unfair.
You were the best dog.
My life was better for knowing you,
for "mothering" you,
for loving you.
I'm so sorry.
I love you.
5 comments:
I am so sorry and my heart is breaking for you. :o( I know you are going through a very sad time and I know words can't "fix" how you feel - so I'm not even going to try. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am and that I'm thinking about you.
Girl I am so sorry! You are in my prayers, I know that pain all too well. I will be thinking of you!
That pup was certainly loved! I hope you can find some peace.
I am so so sorry for your loss. It is true when they say dogs are man's best friend! The attachment just happens naturally & it's such an unconditional love! This was such a sweet post & I felt like through your post we all got to know Tiny:) I hope that your sadness will subside soon, but I know you are thankful for all of the wonderful memories!!! Thinking about you!
I am so, so, terribly sorry for your loss. As you know, my puppy died about 2 weeks ago and it is so incredibly hard. When reading your post and looking at all the sweet pictures of Tiny, I just bawled my eyes out because my heart hurts for you. It's like losing a real person, a part of the family, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe Harley and Tiny are running around playing together in puppy Heaven :) It's nice to think about..
Post a Comment