Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Adjusting

So I must admit that this little blog has taken a bit of a backseat lately. Let me explain why.

While Brian is gone I have committed to writing to him everyday - via the internet, not snail mail. I generally do this at night before bed which is when I used to blog. It seems I can only write one witty thing at a time. I run out of things to say after writing to him. Also, while he's gone, I am taking pictures every day. I always carry my camera with me, but I had gotten terrible about pulling the dang thing out and using it. Since Brian isn't around to observe the daily happenings in my life, I figured I could try to document them in pictures. My plan is to periodically send him a batch of pictures - one from each day - and write on the back the date and what happened that day or the back story of the picture.

I knew before he left that I planned to do these things, but I didn't anticipate how time consuming it would be.

Wanna know what else I underestimated? How long it would take to unpack and settle down at my parents' house. I got here Thursday afternoon and haven't unpacked a single thing. Both my cars are still half-full of stuff. My clothes are still in a duffle bag. I have 2 big trash bags of clothes to be washed. Blah blah blah. For the moment it's all being put on hold because I need to get at least 2 care packages out to Brian ASAP. Yesterday was my day to make phone calls and change addresses. Today is my day to gather everything for his care packages.

So, I'm still here. I'm just trying to adjust to my new life back at home. In some ways it's weird, but in other ways it's nice. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahah I am always guilty of leaving packed bags and 'stuff' in the car. Remember to breathe and I'm sure Brian really appreciates all that you're doing to make him feel at home so far away :)

Expat Girl said...

Dont even stress, you will find your groove and routine that works for everything and we will be patient until then- although we miss you blogging! I hope the unpacking fairy arrives to help soon haha