In an effort to document my progress, I completed a fitness test today. I also convinced Brian to measure various parts of my body. I even busted out the dreaded scale. Now, there is no way I am disclosing my weight or measurements on here, but I do want to share my fitness test results.
I ran 1 mile in 10:37. I did 20 girly push ups (on my knees, not my toes), 81 squats, and held a static plank on my forearms for 1:09. I finished it off by reaching 4.75" past my feet while sitting in the pike position.
Hopefully I'm not a total flake and check back in when this is over to see how I did. This isn't part of any program or plan. I know there are ones out there and people swear by them. The thing is, though, I hate jumping on bandwagons. If everyone tells me I should do something, I tend to push back quite forcefully. The concept intrigued me, so I figured out a way to make it work for me. I have made zero rules about what constituted "exercising" during this challenge. There will be some days that I do something relatively easy like stretching and yoga, but mostly I will try to work up a sweat for 20-30 minutes. That doesn't sound too terribly hard!
I'm afraid I'll fail. I'm afraid it will be too hard. But maybe, just maybe, I'll get stronger and faster. Plus, it's only 8 weeks!
Now, let's see if I can get out of bed super early tomorrow like I plan to...

No comments:
Post a Comment