Wednesday, May 20, 2009

C25K Day 20

Wow - Day 20!

Another 25 minute run today. These long runs have been really hard for me. I feel like it's a constant struggle and that I am so far away from it being comfortable. I know I can rush this and I keep reminding myself of how far I've come. It's just still hard sometimes.

This was my first run back in LA and my first long run in LA. The hills were rough. I knew they would be, but they still catch me off guard. I'm still running really slow, but I have to. This my 3rd 25 min. run and I think they are getting slightly easier. I may just be getting better at pacing myself - who knows. I'm nowhere near the 10 min. mile goal of the C25K program and I know I won't be there when the program ends next week, but I'll get there. There will come a day when I can run 3 miles at a sub-10 min. pace without dying (<=that looks funny to me for some reason...don't think it's misspelled...) in the process. I wish I was closer to that goal now, but I've done alot of hard work in the last 7 months and I'll keep going.

I got to run by our new neighborhood center that opens tomorrow - looks super nice. I'm going to try to go by the "open house" they are having tomorrow to check it out. It would be wonderful to have a good workout room in the 'hood.

S.

No comments: