Today's workout:
5 min. warm-up walk
5 min. run
3 min. walk
5 min. run
3 min. walk
5 min. run
5ish min. cool-down walk
I took a new loop through the neighborhood which was nice for a change of scenery - also seemed like there were less up-hills. It was also cooler this morning thanks to the thunderstorms yesterday. Alot of the sidewalks were muddy, but the 65 degree temps were very very welcome. The 85% humidity, however, still left me nice and soggy by the time I got home.
The runs were alright. I knew I was running the first two faster than I should have, but I couldn't really judge how fast since I was running a new loop. I had sorta gotten to know my pace on the normal loop. The last run was painfully slow and tad brutal. I was really hot, sweaty, and dehydrated. I took it nice and slow because I really wanted to finish it. I did, but probably looked a little pitiful when I finished.
In the last minute of the last run I got semi-attacked by a loose puppy. It was 2/3 of the way to me from it's owners before they decided to yell "he doesn't bite, promise!" Yeah..and we wonder why I don't let my dog go for walks or out in the backyard alone. Idiots!
Wednesday I get to run 8 min, walk 5 and run another 8. Eek!
S.
2 comments:
I'm not gonna lie, I totally would have kicked the dog. I'm super scared of dogs and one that runs after me is NOT good.
Okay, that sounded harsh. I wouldn't have drop kicked it, but I would get it away from me.
Post a Comment