Remember last time when I was talking about 100+ temperatures? Yeah, that only lasted 2 days. This morning I woke up to a wet backyard. I wasn't about to run in any thunderstorm so I pulled up weather.com to see what was going on. According to them at 9:30 this morning, it was 57 degrees with fog. Ok, I can handle fog - I'm picturing extra cloudy conditions... Apparently this fog they speak of translates to incessant mist. It almost looked like snow since you could see each little mist particle. Oh, and it must have been misting/fogging for awhile because it had built up on all the leaves on the trees so every little breeze sent rain-sized drops falling to the Earth. It was going to be a wet run.
I almost didn't go and put it off until tomorrow, but I manned up and went. I told myself I wasn't a true runner until I ran in some form of precipitation. So off I went to do today's workout:
5 min. warm-up walk
5 min. run
3 min. walk
8 min. run
3 min. walk
5 min. run
5-7 min. cool-down walk back to the house
The workout itself was comfortable. My legs are sore from going to the gym with Mom on Saturday and doing my old treadmill workout, so if that hadn't been a factor I think today would have been almost easy. Tomorrow is the last workout that includes any walking. Next week is three 25 min. runs and the following week is three 30 min. runs. Yikes!
Another little funny tidbit from the run today: when my parents went up to the Northeast so my dad could run the Boston marathon, they flew in and out of Newark, NJ. On their way home, my mom picked up a couple t-shirts for my brother and me. Mine is green. I threw it on this morning for my run. When I got home and peeled it off, I had green armpits. Guess the shirt wasn't color safe. After scrubbing them in the shower, they're light green now, but I'm not wearing anything sleeveless for a couple days. Stupid airport shirts!
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment