Thursday, April 23, 2009

Perfection

In the morning my postage-stamp-sized backyard is bathed in sun. On almost-summer days like today it's almost intolerable. I run out there with Tiny, let him do his business and then usher him back into the air-conditioning.

In late afternoon my postage-stamp-sized backyard becomes a shady oasis. This always made the afternoons even chillier in the dead of winter. Today, however, the shade was the perfect temperature. After walking to the mailbox shortly before Brian was due home, I grabbed my new library book, my dog and his bed from the living room and headed out back. We have a couple new plastic chairs out on the patio that were begging to be broken in.

I spent a perfect hour late this afternoon reading a so-far-so-good book with my puppy curled up at my feet and a slightly warm spring breeze blowing through the trees and my hair. How could an afternoon get any better?

S.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

What book are you reading?
That sounds soooo nice! I'm loving this warm weather!