As my moving date inches closer - we're down to 2.5 months - I keep going through everything in my head. There are so many things we need to live and function in a house that I am completely in charge of finding and buying. I know I have more than if I was moving straight from my parents house without having lived anywhere on my own. We have a dining table, coffee table, sofa table, a saute pan, some bakeware, a microwave and microwave cart, a mattress and box spring, a tv armoire, and various lamps, electronics, and knick knacks. We still need a washer and dryer, a bedroom set, a couch and recliner, a futon, and a bunch of kitchen stuff. (And a vacuum. I almost forgot the vacuum!) Alot of that can wait, I know, but some of it can't. I need a washer/dryer ASAP after I get there. I also want the bedroom set taken care of by the time Brian gets home. It's the dang bedroom set that's been giving me the most grief. I had found one online through Haverty's, but I noticed a part of it that I don't like so it's off the list. Today I found a set through Target that I'd have to put together myself and it's not the best stuff by any means, but it would cost less than $1,500 for a headboard, tall chest, dresser w/ mirror, and two nightstands. What more do we really need? We're young and not rich. We could afford to buy something nice, but do we really need to spend so much money on furniture right now? We just need some drawers to put our clothes in. Maybe after the next deployment we can buy a nice all wood bedroom set, but for now I'm seriously leaning toward the DIY Target set. I still have a couple months to totally change my mind which I'm apt to do.
I still can't believe that 3 weeks from tomorrow I'll call Polk Picerne Housing to tell them I want to come get my house on December 1st. It seems like just yesterday that this move seemed so far away. I realize it's still weeks away, but I know it's going to fly by. I still have alot of wedding stuff to take care of and eventually I need to start boxing things up here. I am leaving the vast majority of all the furniture I am using right now here so I have to pack up all the contents. It's going to be chaos for awhile after I move. There's a reason I gave myself a month before Brian gets home to get everything together.
I feel like I'm rambling, but this is all bouncing around in my head. I also know that 6 months after Brian gets home we'll be having a wedding. We'll most likely get gifts at our wedding that could go toward things for our house. I could put off things like the futon for the extra room, curtains, lamps, recliner, and kitchen stuff, but I'm not sure I want to live without for 6 months. I know that before Brian's 4 years are up he'll get deployed again. I don't want to go without for half of the time Brian is home. I want our house to be as perfect as I can get it. I want a new bedroom set and a new futon. I have decided to let myself indulge a little more than usual when it comes to our house. I can pay our savings back after the wedding.
As much as I enjoy all the responsibility that marriage brings, sometimes it's super stressful! I really just worry about getting everything done on my own when I'm in LA. I know I'll figure it out and it will be a good experience, but it's also nerve-wracking. I also can't believe that Brian is 4 months away. Where did the last 11 months go? Suddenly it's the end and I don't even remember being in the middle.
In other news...
The parents and I went to the Cooper game on Friday. It was the district opening versus Hereford (near Amarillo). We won! 42-13. It was a perfect fall evening with a strong West Texas wind. Cooper made alot of stupid mistakes (2 interceptions leading to the 13 points), but outplayed the other team. After the game we looked up the size of the schools in Cooper's district and finally we are the largest in the competition. Hereford only has around 1,200 students (Cooper has a little over 2,000). Their band and football team was about 2/3 the size of Cooper's. I'm optimistic about the rest of district play. This Friday Cooper is at San Angelo Lakeview and we're making the trip down there for it. Keith is even going! He asked off for this weekend just so he could go. It should be a fun family trip.
I talked to Brian alot this week and yesterday. Something was going on yesterday cause Brian was not where he normally is, but couldn't tell me anything more specific. He could, however, get on the computer and call me. He wasted alot of time on both because he didn't have anywhere to sleep. Gotta love the Army. I'm sure he can't wait til he's home where there is always a real bed waiting for him at home.
I've been feeling good about things lately. Sometimes I feel like I'm a complete bum loser, but I've been trying to keep myself busy. I have various projects going and I keep the house in baked goods (tonight it was chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting). Tomorrow will either be a stay at home day to get some ornaments painted or I'll run some errands. We'll see how I'm feeling. Either way I think I'm taking the day off from the gym. Who knows tho.
Alright, this computer is making my legs (and me) super hot and I need to get the cake covered. I think Baby Mama is on my agenda for the rest of the evening. Goodnight!
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment