I think I can add the hospital here to the Reasons Why I Love Fort Sill list.
We've also been battling the money pit known as our boat. Don't get me wrong, I still love the beast (which we fully intend to name some day), but she's kinda been a problem child since we got her. We took her to get looked at on Tuesday and got the call that she was ready to be picked up today. We asked them to look at the idle because she idled pretty rough. Well whaddaya know, but the engine in our boat isn't a marine engine. Whaaaa?! Someone at some point put a Chevy V8 in there. They knew enough to hook things up so it would work, but it isn't hooked up as well as it could be. The super nice guy at the shop told us step-by-step how to fix everything ourselves. That'll be Brian's project for the weekend. I find it so annoying that people out there do the wrong thing and then pass that crappy decision and it's consequences onto other people. Technically, marinas and boat repair places aren't supposed to touch an engine like ours. We may have trouble in the future getting it worked on or looked at. All because some dummy put a freaking truck engine in it!
It's the last day of May in the South and I turned the a/c off this morning. It is absolutely perfect weather out there. All of my windows and doors are open and there's been a steady breeze blowing through the house.
I made Creamy Jambalaya Pasta for dinner tonight and it was surprisingly tasty! I wasn't totally sure if the Cajun seasoning and Parmesan cheese would work well together, but somehow it did.
Less than a week until our big summer vacation. I hate flying, but I love our destination so I'll get through it. I already downloaded a bunch of new music (and by new I mean all of Phillip Phillips American Idol performances) to get me through the flights. If I try to read, do puzzles, or watch anything I tend to get motion sick, so my strategy has been to zone out to music the entire time.
That's all I've got for today.

No comments:
Post a Comment