Since I last wrote:
- We moved into our house on post. We love it. We've painted walls and dug up flower beds. There are still way too many boxes to unpack and nothing on the walls, but it'll get there.
- I got a job. Shocking, I know, but it's true. I'm not actually employed yet, but I've been assured the job is mine. I need to submit my application and jump through a couple hoops to get licensed in Oklahoma, but I will have a really honest-to-goodness job in the Fall. It will easily double our income which is hard to imagine.
- We have been shopping around for a boat. I never imagined we would be boat owners. We were owed money from my in-laws and they agreed to apply it toward a boat instead of a motorcycle as originally promised, so here we are. It's a win-win, really. We finally get the money owed to us (it hit the bank today!) and we get a boat to enjoy this summer. We have a lead on one that we'll look at this weekend. Hopefully it's a winner!
- We bought plane tickets for vacation this summer. We are meeting my parents in upstate NY to help them work on their lake house for a week and then heading downstate to visit my extended family. I hate flying, but I can't wait to be in NY again and this time with Brian! I just know we'll have a great time.
- I started making a rag rug for my giant kitchen. So far I've only ripped a bunch of thrift store sheets into 1-in. strips, but it'll become a rug eventually. It's so much cheaper to make one than buy one the size I want. Just call me Martha Stewart.

No comments:
Post a Comment