Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello October!

By the end of this month I'll be on my own again.

I read that and then look around this house and panic a little bit. There is still SO much packing to do! My goal today is to get everything off the walls and into boxes. Hopefully we can get a load or two to the storage unit this weekend as well.

It seems that Mother Nature finally got the memo that it's not summer anymore. I think it was 50 degrees this morning when I woke up. It still gets pretty warm in the afternoon, but I can keep the a/c off most of the day. I love having the window open at night and hearing all the night-time sounds when I'm reading before bed. I always sleep better when it's colder, too.

And now I'm reminded why I've sucked at blogging lately. I just can't think of anything to say. I could go on and on about moving and all that entails, but really? Who wants to listen to that?

Oh here's something: I heard back from the grad program I applied for. Since I want to teach math, I need approval from the math department before I can be offered acceptance. Since I didn't take a single math class in college, I have a feeling I'm not going to be accepted into the program. I just know that I'll have to take some leveling classes before they'll let me in. Bummer, right? I'm a little disappointed, but trying not to think about it too much. Either way I'll do what I need to do. Plus, I haven't even heard anything officially yet. Maybe they'll surprise me! A girl can dream...

Have a great weekend, you guys! :)

No comments: