Monday, October 25, 2010

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good
I'm officially admitted to grad school. I'm no longer just an "applicant" in their online system. I can register for classes next week. Now I just need the financial aid department to get their butts in gear and let me know how much I will owe them. I'm *crossing my fingers* for some free money. I really don't want more student loans.

The Bad
When I worked last year I had to pay into a "substitute teachers' retirement fund". I wasn't given an option. Whatever. I assumed I could just take that money with me when I moved. Well, you know what they say about assuming.... Yeah, come to find out I have to be "separated" from the school district for a year before I can take the money. Soooo not cool. I think they just want me to forget about it so they keep my money forever.

The Ugly
I ran errands early this morning and needed wanted coffee. I got my usual iced coffee at Starbucks and I think it was stronger than usual. I also didn't eat anything for breakfast so by the time I got home I was wired. I had to drink a glass of water and eat a slice of bread before I sorta started to feel better. I think my boyfriend coffee and I need to have a little break from each other. I'm not a fan of jittery me.

1 comment:

Expat Girl said...

Congrats on grad school, thats great news!