1. Witnessed my husband coming home from Iraq.
2. Bought a 47" television.
3. Wasted money in slot machines at a casino.
4. Planned a wedding.
5. Walked down the aisle in a big white dress.
6. Witnessed a "blizzard" in Texas.
Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make an resolutions last year. I'm toying with the idea of resolving to work out 120 different days this year. The jury is still out on that one though. I'm not sure if I want to commit to that.
What countries did you visit?
I kept my butt in the US of A as usual.
What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Money going into savings every month.
What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
1. January 2nd: The day Brian came home.
2. August 1st: Our wedding day.
3. December 24th: The day of the "blizzard"!
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It's a tie between making this house a home and getting a job.
What was your biggest failure?
Not always being the best wife.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I got misdiagnosed with something I won't discuss here. It required blood to be drawn which resulted in a giant bruise on my arm for 2 weeks. I've gotten at least 3 colds since I started working. And just in the last week I've busted hard on the ice and gotten punch in the eye by my dog. Geez.
What was the best thing you bought?
Our giant TV and couches. I'm also partial to the plaid coat I bought a couple days ago.
Where did most of your money go?
Student loans and truck payments.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Brian coming home.
What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?
Anything by Lady Gaga.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Sadder. There are no homecomings or weddings to look forward to next year. And since I just got back yesterday from TX, I'm missing my family like crazy.
ii. thinner or fatter?
My clothes still fit, but I've fallen off the work-out bandwagon.
iii. richer or poorer?
Money wise: Poorer. Hey, the house needed to be furnished!
Life wise: Richer. I've spent the last year getting to know my husband better and proving to myself that I can live 8 hours from my mom - not that I liked it, however!
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise.
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watch TV, surf the 'net, and argue.
Did you fall in love in 2009?
No, kind of past the fall-in-love part of life.
How many one-night stands?
Never ever.
What was your favorite TV program?
I have alot: Cold Case, Gossip Girl, House, CSI, Friday Night Lights, Intervention, Hoarders, NCIS, Glee, Vampire Diaries...
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so.
What was the best book you read?
I just finished the last Harry Potter book. OMG -so freaking good. It's taken me 6 months to get through all 7 books and they were all phenomenal. I'm still not over how it all ended.
What were your greatest musical discoveries?
I've be re-loving Bon Jovi lately.
What did you want and get?
A new computer.
What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't pick just one: Star Trek & The Twilight Saga: New Moon top my list this year.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I made myself a chocolate chocolate cake. I turned 24.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being less than 8 hours from my mom.
What kept you sane?
Brian, Mom and Tiny.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Derek Jeter - World Series Champs 2009!!
Who did you miss?
Mom.
Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know anyone (new) well enough to put here.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Working part-time is a miracle cure for a poor self-image.
Communication is still super important.
I love who I am because my family loves me.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
When life is a bitter pill to swallow
You gotta hold on to what you believe
Believe that the sun will shine tomorrow
"We Weren't Born to Follow" - Bon Jovi
Life was Heaven in 2007
Life was Great in 2008
2 comments:
I miss you too.
Love you always, M.
What a great survey-- I may have to copy it!
Post a Comment