We've been back in LA since Wednesday night. We had a low-key New Year's Eve at home. We didn't watch the ball drop. Brian was actually playing his new video game when I noticed the time. We opened our bottle of sparkling cider and toasted to the new year.
Saturday was the 1 year anniversary of Brian coming home. We went on a date to celebrate although I didn't really realize what day it was until halfway through dinner. We saw Sherlock Holmes and followed it up with a hearty meal at Wendy's. What can I say? We're a classy duo. We both really enjoyed the movie even if the theater here leaves a lot to be desired. It'll be nice when we live somewhere with a decent theater that has more than 6 screens. Just sayin'.
It's weird that I can finally remember things that happened a year ago and Brian is included in the memories. It's been a very long time since I was able to do that.
---
I generally don't make resolutions for the new year, but this year I decided to make a couple. I've vowed to exercise on 120 different days this year. I've set a goal of doing some form of exercise (walking, wii, dvds, or gym) 3 days a week. If I stick to that then I'll hit my goal easily. I have also vowed to read as many books as possible. I've started a list on the right side of my blog of books I've read in 2010. I finished my first one today! I'm really interested in seeing how many books I read in a year. I know it's a decent amount, but I've never kept track.
Hopefully a year from now I'll be well-read and physically fit.
---
So, we've got a quiet week around here. Brian's back to work and I'm just trying to get the house in order. I'm behind on laundry and such. I keep blaming the holidays! This weekend will be crazy for us and I'm sorta not looking forward to it. Well, I'm not looking forward to the travel anyway. Brian's sister is getting married on Saturday. This requires us to drive into the night on Friday and return on Sunday. It'll be nice to see my family again so soon, but it'll suck to do all that driving, especially after Brian works all day on Friday.

2 comments:
Good luck on the New Year's goals...
I really enjoyed Handle With Care. Let me know how you are liking it. Love you1 M.
Post a Comment