Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dreary

So here I sit. Staring at the rain falling outside. It seems as if I can't escape being wet. As soon as my house is about 90% back to normal, the rain gods descend on central LA. I think it's supposed to be like this all day. Fantastic!


I got all the claims forms we need to try to get reimbursed for our living room furniture. I also, luckily, have all the receipts! I was a little nervous that I would have thrown one (or more) away thinking "I'm not returning it....so I can throw the receipt away...". I would have been so pissed at myself! But, alas, I have both receipts for all the wood living room furniture. Now, I just need to take pictures showing the water damage - easier said than done!


Know what else I need to do? Attempt to do some laundry in my washer/dryer. I haven't used them since before THE FLOOD and I'm a little nervous that they're done for. The water came cascading down on them, particularly the dryer. Those things are my babies! If they're broken, I'm going to be pissed! And have a lot of dirty clothes. I think the neighborhood center has a laundry room. :-/


This last week has been long. I can't tell you the number of worker men that have gone in and out of my door. If I wasn't waiting around for them, I was working or taking Brian to get his wisdom teeth out. I had been doing so good at my exercise-120-days-this-year new year's resolution, but it's been shot to hell now. It's not a lost cause, but I gotta get my butt in gear. As a result of this lack of exercise, I feel fat. No girl likes that.


Alright my blogger friends, I need to go throw some clothes on so we can head to walmart. I loathe walmart. Hopefully it won't be too crowded.

1 comment:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

That's one big thing I had to learn early on with the military- keep receipts! They are so important with moves and housing stuff in general. It sucks to have to use them. but I am glad you had them!