Monday, July 13, 2009

I've Been...

Hey guys,

Why do I suck at writing when I'm back at home? I have no clue.

What have I been up to?

I've watched the first 4 Harry Potter movies over the last 4 days. Until I started watching those movies, I had never watched or read anything HP related. I was actually pretty anti-HP. I tried reading the first book years ago and couldn't get past the first few pages. It was just too supernatural for me at the time. After that I just never understood the hype. Well, since there's all kinds of talk lately about the 6th HP movie that is coming out on Wednesday, I figured I'd take advantage of my brother's movie collection and see what I thought. I'm happy to say I've been converted. I not a fanatic by any means, but we are officially on the hunt for the 5th movie which my brother never bought and we'll probably end up going to see the new one in the theater. Maybe one day I'll even check out the books! Ha.

I've been slowly working my way through Shopaholic Take Manhattan - the second book in the Confessions of a Shopaholic series. It isn't the greatest book I've ever read, but it's easy reading before bed. I may not make it as far through the series while I'm home as I thought I would. Sometimes the main character - Rebecca Bloomwood - gets on my nerves. Anyone else read these books and felt this way? I'm hoping to get to the public library soon and pick up the 3rd Sookie Stackhouse book while I'm here since the library back in LA doesn't have it.

I've been swimming alot. I've been a sunscreen nazi. There will be no tanlines on this bride! Mom and I love nothing more than cooling off in the pool when it's over 100 outside. Speaking of over 100 - my mom's car said it was 112 tonight. Crazy, right? And that was at like 5 pm. The sun wasn't even beating down like it does at 2 or 3. I think all my cooler-climate family are going to be shocked when they come down here in a couple weeks.

I've been running wedding errands like crazy. There is a to-do list everyday full of final meetings and things to buy. The RSVP deadline has passed so I'm trying to organize who's coming and who's not. I still need to find some earrings and buy a garter. It's easy to forget things in the chaos. The countdown in officially in the teens.

I've been eating a lot of good food. Mom and I made sauce this weekend. I've been raised on my family's pasta sauce - there's nothing like it! Tonight we went to my favorite chinese place in town and I ate myself silly. Of course we topped it off with a Blizzard from DQ. All that's left on my must-eat list is Brian and my favorite local Japanese steak house. I'll knock that out soon. Other than that I am putting myself on a wedding diet. I swear I've gained 5 lbs since I've been here! No worries - the dress is not in any danger of getting too snug!

I've been working out - or trying to. I've actually been frustrated with my workouts. I've been working out on a regular basis for over a year and I can't tell that much of a difference. My heart rate still gets out of control way too easily. I still get winded much faster than I would like. I always think I'm in better shape than I am. Shouldn't I be able to do more after all this time? Do I need to push myself harder? Do more? It's really frustrating.

I guess I've been doing more than I realized! I know it's only going to get crazier. Excuse my erratic posting.

S.

2 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I so feel the same way about Shopaholic! I read the first one and only liked the end. I bought the second one but I just can't bring myself to read it. She's too dumb for me I think. Her debt annoys me. :)

Anonymous said...

That's great that you got into the HP movies. WAY back in the day I resisted the HP books...but once I finally read one I was hooked!

Swimming sounds very nice.
For you workouts-have you tried intervals? They were the best thing for me and really helped.