Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Whole Lotta Stuff

Today I woke up at 8 like a good girl and still haven't gotten a headache. I have been getting dull headaches pretty much everyday for...awhile. I didn't know if I was anxious, nervous, uptight, not sleeping well, sleeping too much or what so I had just been kind of ignoring it. I guess I really do need to get my butt up by 8. I am not in college anymore and I am not exercising my brain in class anymore, so I guess I no longer need to sleep past 8. Kinda sucks, but what can I do?

Anyway, I got up and got myself all gussied up cause I had an errand to run and a hot lunch date. I loved my outfit today. Dress from Kohl's that is super comfortable with black leggings and a black lace cami to cover up my cleavage. The dress is great, but it does make me sweat a bit every time I put it on or take it off. It's really snug at the waist and always makes me a tad bit nervous that I'll get stuck in it. Stupid clothes phobia!

So, the hot date? My MIL. I picked Jason's Deli cause I hadn't been there in awhile and didn't figure I'd get there before the move. I always have to park far away there because the parking lot isn't ideal for the gigantore truck that I drive. We had a nice time.

After that I came straight home to make sure Mom didn't have any break downs about taking these big horse pills she had to take. She's having a procedure tomorrow that required 32 large white pills to be down in about 120 minutes. She has problems with big pills...she usually crushes them up in applesauce. Today she couldn't do that. She was on a clear liquid diet. This diet: great to lose weight, not so healthy. She'll be back to eating by lunch time tomorrow.

I should have packed this afternoon, but I found a fun game on the internet and Brian was on for about an hour total. Then after that I went on a date with the men in my life (minus Brian) to CiCi's so Mom wouldn't have to smell food smells. Now I'm not packing cause, well, I'm not sure. I am now telling myself that I can do that tomorrow. I forgot for a moment, however, that I was taking Mom to the Dr. in the early morning and camping out there until she is finished. She told me to bring a book. I hope they have comfortable chairs. Maybe there will be packing tomorrow afternoon. I'm starting to run out of time!

Every now and then I start to think about everything I need to buy for my own house and, lemme tell ya, it's mighty overwhelming. There is a rhinestone falling off this dress right now and I need a hot glue gun to quickly stick it back on, but I don't own one. I'm sure my parents do somewhere, but it's not worth it to me right now to go find it. Actually, now that I think about it, I probably need to go buy some good fabric glue that can be washed. I'm not sure if hot glue holds up in a washer/dryer. Anyway, that's not my point. I have never owned an ironing board, but eventually I'll need one. There's no point in having an ironing board if you don't have an iron. I love hot chocolate and hot tea, but I don't have a good tea pot. And then I have to stop myself and decide if I can live without it for 9 months and register for it for our wedding instead of buying it right away. It'll be a fun little mental dance I do every time I think I need to buy something after I get settled.

Tiny is driving me absolutely fecking crazy with his antibiotic pills. I have tried peanut butter on bread with whole pills, pills hidden in his dry dog food, pill wrapped in cheese, pills in hot dog pieces, and pills stuck onto dog treats with peanut butter. I have now resorted to emptying the powder in the pills into peanut butter, mixing it up, and then spreading it on little hard dog treats. I'm still losing some of the medicine in translation, but he's getting most of it. There are peanut butter stains all over his dog bed and the smell of the medicine makes me want to gag. He still has quite a few more pills to take before we're finished. I'm hoping I don't have to invent any other ways to get the medicine down his throat!

I'm watching the Cooper game from last Saturday on TV again. I realize it's easy to be all into my alma mater's football season when they're actually doing pretty well. It has helped that I am living at home, my parents bought season tickets, and I'm not busy going out on the weekends or hanging out with Brian. I have all this free time, so I spend my Friday nights watching high school football. Cooper won their first playoff game since I was a senior in high school last weekend. It was a perfect game. They dominated the entire thing. It was made slightly sweeter since the team across town lost in shocking fashion (I always knew they weren't as good as everyone else thought). We've been tossing around the idea of going to Odessa to watch the Coogs play on Saturday. We'll see. It'll be the last game I can go to for quite awhile...maybe ever. Even if we don't go, I know we'll be sitting in my room listening to it on the radio. Oh, I love the Cooper Red & Blue.

Guess I felt like writing tonight.

9 days.

S.

1 comment:

Judy... said...

You did look extremely cute in that outfit. I thought it several times, but realized that I never told you that. Yes, I was preoccupied with the prep for my "procedure". We leave for the "procedure" in an hour. Can't wait.