I haven't been in the mood to write. I don't know what's up with that, but here I am anyway.
Tiny has been eating twice a day and taking his 8 pills like a champ. His nose has gotten worse looking, but I'm hoping it's the old "gotta get worse before it gets better" excuse. I guess if it still looks gross next week I'll call the vet. Speaking of the vet, I need to remember to drive all the way across town to pick up the other half of his prescription. Maybe tomorrow.
Today I embarked on a mission to find some new black flats. I had glittery ones last year that were oh-so-uncomfortable. I wore them anyway of course. Well, I feel glitter isn't really...hmm...grown up, perhaps? I got a pair of Gianni Bini flats in brown the end of last season for a whopping $17.50. A steal I tell you! They're not the most comfortable things, but they lasted over two hours today walking around the mall constantly. Anyway, so today I found at least 3 pairs of black flats at Dillard's that I could have worn happily, but they were all at least $70 dang it! I just can't justify spending that kind of money right now. Ugh. I think the flats will have to wait until after Christmas (when I've got some money to spend from the g-parents) or maybe Mom will get them for me for Christmas. Who knows. It was disappointing not finding anything and I realized how few places there are to find shoes here. Well, quality shoes that don't hurt my feet anyway.
I don't remember if I wrote about this before. I think I may have thought about writing it, but decided to wait. Well, if I've already discussed it then just skip ahead. Mom and I are heading to Louisiana on Sunday. It'll be a long day of driving, but we should keep each other entertained. Monday we'll head to Polk to get a map of "the neighborhood" and wander around until 1 pm when we have a meeting with the housing lady to look at the house. Hopefully it will be a decent place with something resembling a yard for Tiny. If all goes according to plan then I should have the keys by 2. Then it's back to the hotel for the night and then the long drive back here on Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to the driving at all. The whole thing isn't bad except the TWO hours it takes to get around DFW. I hate hate hate that part. The rest is cake. My goal is to be a grown-up on this trip which means I am paying for the hotel and the gas. I am also going to attempt to drive the entire way. I mean, I'll have to do it other times by myself and I've driven to Shreveport by myself so I'm sure I can handle it. Mom has offered to pay for things, but it is important to me that I take care of it. They have been taking care of me for the last year allowing Brian and I to save up a rather nice nest egg and I think I should take control of this trip. It'll be fun and interesting and I'll be sure to take pictures. I'm sure I'll update while there...well as long as there's something interesting going on.
Have I mentioned how I am not looking forward to packing?
S.
1 comment:
I can drive around DFW if you would like!
Post a Comment