Remember when I could drop hundreds of dollars in a single shopping spree? Remember when everything in American Eagle was adorable and generally fit me? Remember when there was always some article of clothing I was coveting? Well, it's all over. I went to Kohl's with a coupon and didn't buy a single thing. I wandered through the junior's section and was horrified by my selection. The only thing that was really cute was a jacket in the woman's section, but it was $34 and I just didn't think I'd get enough wear out of it. I also loved this winter coat, but the small was too big. I used to love shopping. Clothes generally looked good on me and new things always excited me. Now, I can't think of anything I need or even want. I mean there are things I wouldn't mind having, but I've turned into a tightwad with my money. I have a problem buying a shirt for more than $20, pants for more than $30, or shoes for more than $25. This makes shopping pretty boring and uneventful. The whole thing makes me pretty depressed.
There was this cute chair at Kohl's tho that, if I had a house, I totally woulda bought! I wish I could buy so many things for the house I don't have yet. I am exercising amazing self-restraint by putting all of that shopping off until I am actually in a house. I just can't imagine spending $99 on a chair and then storing it and moving it. I keep telling myself I need to wait. I'll keep waiting, but I might just have to go a little crazy once I'm in LA. Haha!
Mom has a friend named Vinita. She is a counselor in AISD and was moved to Ward this school year. Her son is in the Army. He is Airborne and was in Afghanistan for 15 months. We found out today that he was in an explosion and has permanent hearing loss. It is unclear the actual severity of the hearing loss. The Army won't tell Vinita where he is (US, Afghanistan or Iraq) or what was going on when the explosion happened. I can't stop thinking about her. I can't imagine what she is going through. I thank God that he is alive. I thank God for it not being worse. I pray that Josh is ok and that his family - Vinita included - will be strong, faithful, and hopeful. I think this will stick with me for awhile.
We had a big Ivy-Taillon family dinner tonight at Logan's. Will and Keith were in attendance which is a rarity. I think everyone had a good time. Our waitress was exceptionally loud and slightly overbearing. Her name was Joy. Very fitting.
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment