Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Hardest Goodbye

I find it hard to write when I'm not happy.

I've sat here a few times over the last few days wanting to get my words out, but nothing will come. That, or I couldn't bear making myself say what I needed to.

Brian is leaving tomorrow. For Iraq.

My eyes tear up just typing that.

I knew when I left Louisiana that I was too together for what was happening. I knew it would hit me, and I'm pretty sure it has. I'm ok actually, just....sad. Not devastated, because I'll see him soon, but just sad. I'm not sure how to wrap my brain around the fact that I won't talk to him regularly for over a year, that I definitely won't see him until the Army decides he can come home, and that he will be in pretty constant danger the entire time. My strategy so far has been to not think about it. It's been working alright...actually it'll probably be how I get through this thing. One day at a time, I suppose.

I just don't know what else to say.

Nothing will be the same until he is home.

S.

2 comments:

Judy... said...

I love you. I will try my best to keep you busy and to keep you laughing. Taking it one day at a time is a great plan. Brian will be home again soon.

Megilon said...

Know you are not alone and I will keep you in my prayers.