Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lazy

So, I'm in a bit of a rut. Only a small one. See, over the last couple days, I really haven't gotten much accomplished. Oh, I've read almost 3 books in as many days, but as far as the house goes, I haven't done a whole lot.

Well, I did clean out the dreaded corner in the living room. Ya know that corner that still had boxes from when we moved in 8 months ago. The boxes weren't empty either. Shows you how much stuff I brought to this union that we probably don't need! I also cleaned out the dining room. Four adults can finally sit around the table without tripping over boxes and other miscellaneous crap. Now if only I could find 2 other adults who I wouldn't mind having dinner with.

I guess saying I haven't done anything is an understatement, but I have felt a bit like a bum lately. Maybe I've just started feeling lonely.

My mom started back to work this week so instead of talking to her half a dozen times a day, we talk about twice a day. I miss talking to her at every turn! :(

I still have a couple big cleaning/organization projects that I need to get done around the house, but once those are through, I promise I am going to see about subsitute teaching. I don't really want to, but I think I need to. I need to make myself. I'll be happier once I do. Hopefully.

That means I need to get my butt in gear and get our upstairs in order. Everything I cleaned out from downstairs made its way upstairs and now it needs to be properly sorted through and put away. Don't even get my started on our bedroom - and it's totally my fault! Ugh.

Today, I am going to read some more (really, it's much to gloomy and gray out to do anything else) and cook dinner later. I think I may also try out a dessert recipe that I've had my eye on.

Sorry for no Wedding Wednesday yesterday. I'm still waiting for my wedding pics to come in and I just didn't feel like blogging. Maybe next week.





P.S. I'm still doing that giveaway, but I'll refrain from linking to it this time (just to make Casey happy :P). Less than a week til the deadline!

2 comments:

Judy... said...

I miss talking to you at every turn too...well, let's just say I miss having you around at every turn!Too bad you can't be married AND continue to live in the next room! Love you, M.

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

We will come have dinner! :)

To me it sounds like you have done plenty! You unpacked boxes and read books. Those are always good things.

Excellent giveaway promotion this time :)