Saturday, February 2, 2008

TTFN Class 5A.

I'm really tired of the Bye Bye Birdie commercials on tv.

Today was a really...unique day.

Cooper is officially 4A. I'm surprisingly ok with it. I'm glad that they will have a fresh chance against new opponents next year. I'm also glad that they can get the hell away from a-low.

I was awake from 4:30 until 8 this morning talking to Brian on AIM. I tried to go back to sleep, but I had some trouble getting back to sleep. At 10 Shannon texted me about going to lunch which woke me up and then around 11 Keith got up and announce rather loudly that Cooper was 4A so I was awake again. I fell asleep for like 45 more minutes until Brian called me on an illegal cell phone around noon. I was supposed to get up at noon anyway to shower before lunch with Shan, but that didn't happen. I talked to Brian for 30 minutes and then threw myself together.

I went to lunch with Shannon and we sat there for 2 or 3 hours talking and catching up. I haven't seen her in about a month and she's always full of drama and gossip. It amazes me how young she is and how lost she is. I talk to her and I am overwhelmed with this feeling that she is confused and doesn't really know who she is. She always manages to "date" losers who may or may not have high school diplomas and who sure as hell aren't in college. They inevitably cheat on her or blow her off. I haven't felt like I could really say anything or give her my signature tough love advice yet. Maybe I can eventually, but as of now I just listen to her and hope that she'll find her way.

I applied at Penney's today. I'm trying not to think about it because if I do I get really nervous and anxious. I have enough anxiety and fear without dwelling on it more than necessary. Keith said I should hear something in a few days so we'll see.

Sal and I went to Logan's for drinks and appetizers tonight. I had my fav melon flavored frozen drink, some chips w/ queso and the cutest little brownie dessert in a miniature pail. We had alot of fun and convinced some of Sal's McM friends that he is indeed straight. I remember when I wasn't sure about him. I really didn't like him very much at first, but we get along famously now and he's been really great about trying to include me in things from time to time. He's a good egg...and a saint for dealing with Keith.

Brian gave me the green light to start the process of buying a new car. Right now we're looking at a Pontiac G6 convertible. I'm pretty sure they still have some 07s on the lots around here that we might be able to get for a steal. One of these days I'll get Dad to go on a car field trip. I really want to test drive it and see how I feel in it since I'll be driving it the most. I also would need to find out about financing and insurance. It'll be a process, that's for sure.

Goodnight.

S.

1 comment:

Judy... said...

It sounds like you've been a busy girl! Seriously, I am happy that you have been getting out and doing things.
And I agree with you about Sal. Remember when we all couldn't stand him? I don't know how he did it, but all of a sudden, I found myself really liking him.
We need to watch SNL.
Love you, M.