Lately I have been obsessing over moving. Since we were the last people to move into our house (out of those affected by the demolition), we will be the last people moving to the new place. Yay! Not. We should supposedly be moved by this time next month. I'm hoping for a phone call by the end of July to set up a viewing appointment at our new house.
Lately we've been talking about the future of Brian's Army career. We're committed through the end of 2015 and once planned on spending the bulk of that time (if not all of it) here at Fort Sill. Now that we've been here a few months, it's starting to look like it wasn't the best idea as far as Brian's career goes. We both love the city/area (especially me) and it's amazing being so close to home and family, but the reality is that we might be looking to get out of here sooner than anticipated.
Lately I've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. I have heard/read only good things about this show and finally checked it out yesterday. Now I'm halfway through season 2. Yeah...I don't waste any time, do I?
Lately I've been reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. I've always known I was an introvert. I've always known I tended to be shy and anxious in social situations. I've always known I prefer quiet time at home with a good book to a rowdy time out on the town. I knew all of these things, but I also always thought that I should be different: outgoing, confident, talkative. I'm only about a quarter of the way through the book and it has already given such a voice to who I am. I highly recommend the book to everyone - extroverts and introverts alike.
Lately I have been getting up before 7 to walk. I had fallen so far off the exercise bandwagon until a couple weeks ago. I know walking two miles every morning isn't a lot, but it's still something. It's weird being up and out that early though. Unbeknownst to me, Army folk like to do PT around my neighborhood. I pass quite a few of them every morning. The sad part? I walk faster than probably a third of them.
Lately I have been counting calories. I've lost 4ish pounds since I started a couple weeks ago. I don't count every single day, but most days I do. I needed to do something before it got away from me and became a bigger problem. I was pushing a certain number on the scale that I will not allow myself to cross. I'm almost to my hit-this-number-and-you-can-drink-a-root-beer weight. Doesn't everyone promise themselves root beer at a certain weight??
Lately I have been working on making old thrift store bed sheets into a rug. When I purchased and ripped the sheets I wanted to make a big ole rug for my big ole kitchen. Buuuuut I won't be using this kitchen for very much longer. Now I'm just making a rug with no real purpose in mind. The new digs are carpet-less on the first floor, so I'm assuming I'll use it down there somewhere. I'll wait and see how big the thing ends up (I have a lot of sheet strips....) and where it looks best.
And...lately I have sucked at blogging. Sorry bout that. I'm gonna get back to Breaking Bad now. Have a good weekend, y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment