Yup, the house we moved into about three months ago is going to be demolished to make room for a new neighborhood center. This was broken to us in a hand-delivered letter. Of course they delivered it after business hours so I can't call with questions until tomorrow. It seems we'll get some money and be moved into a new-construction house on the other side of post.
New house pros:
--almost 2,000 square feet
--single-car garage
--everything is brand new
New house cons:
--two-stories
--a lot of shared walls
--small backyard
--farther from commissary, PX, library, and post office
--will most likely have people directly behind us
There are a few things I'm not too excited about in the new place, but I'm hoping the *new* factor makes it worthwhile. There's a "neighborhood talk" thing next week where we'll find out more, but I'm going to call tomorrow anyway. I can't wait a week not knowing especially since they purposely used flowery wording in the letter. I know they were trying to sell this as a good thing, but it just confused me. I wish they were just straight forward about it.
For once my procrastination has paid off, though! A lot of stuff is still in boxes and hardly anything has been hung on the walls. Brian and I both hope we can get this done sooner rather than later.
This will be our 4th address in less than a year. Geez!
And I just realized we'll have to forward our mail again. And change our address everywhere again. This had better be the last move for awhile!!

1 comment:
Ours is being torn down too in favour of new houses. Which works for us, because we're in the oldest, falling apart, crappy houses on base because they ran out of housing for us. New house will be completely detached, 2200 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 2 car garage though! So we're a little excited/disappointed that we won't be getting it until about a year from now!!
Post a Comment