Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Official

I'm not unemployed anymore!

Not that I was really complaining about being unemployed.

I had my "interview" yesterday with the school district here. I use the term "interview" loosely since all I did was fill out paperwork and I still don't know how much I'm getting paid.

Starting the week of the 26th I will be tutoring kindergartners 6 hours a week. There are 12 kindergarten classrooms on post with 23-24 children per class. A whole lotta kids, right? I will be in each classroom for 30 minutes a week re-teaching any children who are having even small problems with kindergarten-level tasks. I'm not 100% sure exactly what I will be doing, but at the moment it seems like it will be alot like speech-pathology lessons. Luckily I have a fair amount of material left over from college.

For at least a couple weeks I want to do the tutoring by itself, but the plan is to add substitute teaching the other 3 days of the week eventually. (The tutoring is 3 hours a day, 2 days a week.)

This is perfect for me. The most I'll be working is 3 full days and 2 half days. I really didn't want to work full time. I like my free time to take care of the house and run errands. Hopefully this schedule will work out beautifully for me. I'm a tad bit worried about leaving Tiny home alone all day tho!

So, that's my big news for the week. It's depressingly gray outside today, Brian is in the field until Friday and I have some serious cleaning to do. We'll see how productive I can be today.



2 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Congrats on your good news! I can't wait to hear how the job goes.

Hannah said...

:D :D :D
Can't wait to hear your horror stories ;)