All is quiet in my house this morning besides the clicking of the keys as I type and Tiny's random sigh or stretch. I guess none of my in-laws are early risers. That or they are sleeping off their looooooong drive yesterday.
This is my last chance to write something, anything, before the craziness begins later this afternoon. The website still has Brian returning at 1:15, but they haven't updated that since yesterday so I expect it to be tweaked later this morning. I had expected the weather to be raining and/or cold today and it is neither. The rain seems to have been pushed off until tomorrow and today's high is set at 73. It's January. Where's the cold weather? Anyway, I'm toying with wearing the $6 shirt I got at Kohl's when I was home. It's short sleeved and accentuates the smallest part of mid section. I'm not in love with the shirt, but it's just a shirt. Brian won't care - or probably notice - anyway. I'll peruse my closet once again, just to be sure I haven't missed anything.
Last night wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. It was odd to see my bean bag totally deflated under the weight and pressure of my parents-in-law. I'm hoping I can fluff it up this morning so Brian can understand it's enormity and not wonder what all the fuss was about.
I hate this part of having guests. I don't know when to get up or if I'm making too much noise. Normally - especially on a stressful day like today - I am up and around by now, but for some reason Tiny isn't bugging me and I haven't heard a peep from the rest of the house. I'll get antsy enough soon and go out and wash my face which will make Tiny want to go outside and then he'll need to eat and I bet that gets the ball rolling. I wouldn't be surprised if MIL and FIL are awake across the hall, but don't want to disturb me sleeping in here or SIL sleeping downstairs. But then again, I haven't even heard a hint of voices. Maybe they just sleep later than I do. Weird.
I guess I'll end here. Maybe I'll see what's on TV or read another chapter in Eclipse. I hope I'm in everyone's thoughts and prayers - I'll surely be in my own! - as I go through today. There isn't a word in the English language to describe what is going on in my heart and mind.
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment