All photos courtesy of my iPhone. I was terrible about taking pictures with my point-and-shoot camera. It's always in my purse, but I never use it.
JANUARY
 |
| Hiking in LA. |
 |
| A chilly day at Hodges Gardens State Park. |
 |
| Hodges Garden State Park: gorgeous! |
 |
| Spent a weekend in Matagorda, TX on the beach (and Brian completed a Tough Mudder). |
FEBRUARY
 |
| Brian made me go golfing. I was terrible. |
 |
| Valentine's chocolates. |
 |
| A high school friend was killed in Afghanistan in January. It appeared in the Army Times in Feb. |
 |
| We left our mark on a local steakhouse. |
 |
| We said goodbye to our tiny apartment (top right window). |
 |
| And bid farewell to Fort Polk. |
 |
| And said hello to Lawton/Fort Sill two days later. |
MARCH
 |
| We settled into our temporary furnished apartment for a few weeks. |
 |
| And celebrated Brian's 25th birthday. This was my gift to him. |
 |
| My parents came to help us move into our house on post and we toured the artillery pieces on display. |
 |
| Our first home on Fort Sill. It no longer exists. |
APRIL
 |
| I went on a job interview. |
 |
| And we survived a hail storm. |
 |
| I watched baseball and paused it when DJ was on TV just so I could take pictures like this. |
 |
| I took advantage of the clothesline out back. |
 |
| And visited Geronimo's grave. |
MAY
 |
| We bought a boat. |
 |
| Which convinced Brian's best friend from home to visit for a weekend. |
 |
| Before long the boat became the biggest headache. This is how Brian spent many weekends. |
JUNE
 |
| We flew DFW to Newark to Burlington to meet up with my parents for vacation. (I especially like the guy in the background!) |
 |
| The flight from Newark to Burlington was on a prop plane. It was loud and horrible. |
 |
| This is a Michigan. It was delicious. |
 |
| My dad and Brian tested our a new-to-us canoe. |
 |
| We enjoyed ice cream with a heavy dose of sprinkles. |
 |
| And hiked through Ausable Chasm. |
 |
| We documented a double rainbow over the lake. |
 |
| Mom and I walked along the boardwalk in Staten Island, NY. |
 |
| We took the Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan and walked around Battery Park (and I took pictures for a man as he proposed to his girlfriend). |
 |
| Lady Liberty from the ferry. |
JULY
 |
| We came home to an extremely hot summer. |
AUGUST
 |
| And moved to our brand new home on post since they were demolishing the one we originally moved into. |
 |
| We had more trouble with the boat (it is broken down here). |
SEPTEMBER
 |
| I got a job with the local school district. I spend quite a bit of time at this table. |
 |
| My first high school football game of the season. |
 |
| I never missed an episode of Sons of Anarchy. |
 |
| Brian and I celebrated five years of marriage. This was my gift to him. |
 |
| This was his gift to me. |
OCTOBER
 |
| I got curtains hung in the living/dining rooms. |
 |
| And I got Brian to put shelves up around the TV. |
 |
| One of my brother's photographs is proudly displayed near the front door. |
 |
| I spent many hours playing Mr. Potato Head with my kids at work. Love their creations! |
 |
| My parents and I went to a really rainy football game. |
 |
| I hung these pictures all by myself! |
NOVEMBER
 |
| I got my Christmas decorations up early. This was my parents' first nativity set. |
 |
| I love Christmas trees all decorated and lit up! |
 |
| Brian and I drove up to the top of Mount Scott and hiked around a bit. |
 |
| We attended a deployment-centric FRG meeting. This is when I realized that we were in fact doing this whole deployment thing again. |
 |
| After Thanksgiving my parents and I watched my high school lost in the second round of the playoffs. Maybe next year! |
DECEMBER
 |
| Brian and I visited the OKC zoo and saw this adorable baby giraffe. |
 |
| What a comfortable way to sleep! Ha. |
 |
| Zoo self portrait. |
 |
| Baby elephant! |
 |
| These statues were all over the zoo. Be glad I didn't post all of the ones I made Brian take of me. |
 |
| I took a morning off work to attend Brian's extremely brief deployment ceremony. |
 |
| And then I said goodbye to him on a Sunday afternoon. |
 |
| After Christmas this note tumbled out of Scarlett's cat food. Brian won't tell me how many there are. Love that guy! |
 |
| My brother and I both got Lego sets for Christmas. We are overgrown children. |
 |
| My creepy cat peering over my computer. |
This took me forever to put together, but I am always so glad I did. It's so neat to look back and see a quick photographic recap of my year.
Here's to hoping I have a lot of fun experiences to photograph in 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment