Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What Comes Next

We have known for over a year where we are going next (since Brian reenlisted last winter). I purposely kept it off the blog because we didn't have official orders yet and it just seemed so far away. Well, now it is staring us in the face. In 6-or-so weeks we'll be saying goodbye to Louisiana and Fort Polk for good and making the move to....


Image Source

We are both ready for this change and excited to see what the future holds for us. We also can't wait to be a little over three hours from home instead of seven. The moving planning has begun (we're moving ourselves) and we'll give our notice to housing on Friday. The time has flown since Brian got back in October and I know the coming weeks will be behind us just as quickly.

There were times when I cursed this state and this post, but I know I'll miss it when we're gone. We built our marriage here. We figured out this whole Army thing here. But, after 4+ years, it's time. I have really high hopes for Fort Sill and for 2012! :)


No comments: