Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Three Months

In three months Brian will be gone or leaving.


In three months I'll be staring deployment #2 in the face and daring it to mess with me.


In three months our house will be in boxes. Some will be headed to Texas, others will be stacked in storage.


In three months I'll have to cancel our cable and set up a forwarding address.


In three months I'll be preparing to load myself and Tiny into the car for a one way ride out West.




Last time I was fearless. I was convinced that we could do a 14 months deployment with no ill effects. I was wrong. We bear the scars to this day of that long time apart so early in our marriage. Our communication was crap. We totally lost each other. It's ironic that we're finally facing that fact now with only a handful of weeks until we have to do it all over again.


This one totally snuck up on me somehow. It seemed safely in the future, in the fall, far away. I was surprised when I set out to write a blog about this impending deployment and realized how close it is. I'm more nervous this go round. I'm nervous for our relationship and I'm nervous for Brian. I hope he, we and I can handle this.


Did I mention that of those three months, we will be spending the next 20 days apart while he's training? So I could probably knock those three months down to two. There are plenty of things to look forward to in the coming weeks to mask what is inevitable, but I know it will arrive nonetheless and it will arrive before I know it.


I sorta can't believe we're already here. Where did the time go?


1 comment:

Hannah said...

Sarah you are a strong girl, you and Brian can make it through this one day at a time! If you did it once before you can do it again, just keep your chin up and don't lose faith in yourselves, and hug tiny really tight every day. It'll be okay.