Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Elaboration.

So, today. *sigh*

I went to work today at 10 like normal and worked through lunch so I could leave at 2 instead of 3. I had a test tonight in my May Term class and I was going to study this afternoon after I got off work and ate a late lunch. At 1:15 when I'm counting down the minutes until I can leave and go home to eat, I get a text from Kimbra, my SLP buddy from school: "r u comin?"

WHAT?! COMING WHERE?

I knew where she was referring though. Speech Camp is next week and we were supposed to meet this week to go over things and start planning. The last thing I had known about the whole thing was that we were meeting the last 3 days of this week. Where or when was unknown to me. I even emailed Dr. Hill, my department head, today to find out details. So, when I got that text, I knew somehow, somewhere, the message had not reached me.

There I am at work. I haven't eaten since about 9:15 that morning and I'm so livid and expecting a confrontation that I'm shaking. I pack things up at work really fast and drive like a maniac across town and get there 40 minutes late. Now, let's not forget that I had a test to study for that I was also nervous about. The first test was a bit more challenging than I had expected so I needed to study for this one a bit better. Instead of studying, however, I'm famished sitting up at school trying to absorb all of this Speech Camp information into my brain that is not yet primed to receive said information. It was torture. Two hours of torture. She also insulted me a couple times like she is so apt to do. I'm too tired to go into that now tho. Oh well.

So then I come home, well I swing by Sonic first, and eat real quick and then spend about an hour making a big stack of notecards to study for my test. I study and go to school and take that dang test. I was the first one done and I think I did well. If I make and A, I'll be exempt from the final which will be a huuuge blessing and weight off my shoulders. I'll keep my fingers crossed and you can feel free to do the same. We then had lecture until 9 because we're going to finish the last unit tomorrow so we can have the option to take the final a day early - Thursday. So basically, if I make an A on the test I took tonight, I am finished with that class tomorrow night except for a film critique due by Friday night. I might actually pray about that one.

Well, here I am now. I'm home and tired - more like exhausted - after this long dreadful day. Tomorrow I am working 10-11:30, going up to school for Speech Camp stuff at noon until who knows and then I have class again at 6. Another looooooooong day. June 21st cannot come fast enough for more reasons than one.

I think I shall get myself off this computer now and into my pj's so I can watch some tv and get to bed. Goodnight world, give me sweet dreams tonight.

S.

1 comment:

Judy... said...

I am waiting for an update when this whole speech camp thing is but a distant memory!