Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Work

I started work on Monday. It's been three looooong days. Today was the longest. I've managed to make dinner every night though...not sure how long that'll last! I have a classroom to myself, but it's full of junk I don't want or need right now. It's also totally not cute. I haven't decorated one single thing and it may not happen this week. Luckily, I have a while before I start seeing kids. (The perks of being a Speech Pathologist.) The good news? I like my school. It's ridiculously small, but everyone has been wonderful and I feel at home there. They leave me alone when I need some space, but are always happy to see me when I'm wandering around.

It's weird working full time. I miss scouring Pinterest and going without makeup and having all day to bake or plan dinner. I do, however, feel accomplished and I know my family is proud of me. It doesn't hurt to put my expensive degree to use either!

I know it won't be long before I'm counting down the days to Christmas and summer, but for now it's not so bad.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so here I am creeping on your life! I so hope you enjoy your new job! I wasn't so sure after undergrad if this field was for me, but I SO love it. And seeing kids make progress is the best. Now you can use pinterest for therapy and classroom ideas. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Enjoy looking forward to Christmas and Summer. I love my clinic that I work for, but miss vacation time so bad! I'm been jealous of all my school friends all summer.

Kara said...

I feel like such a creeper too. I've read your blog for a while and really appreciate your honesty. I'm a military wife as well as a speech pathologist. That being said, you should really check out Teacherspayteachers.com. There is some amazing things on there that make my life a million times easier in terms of planning, organizing and doing therapy. Jenna Raeburn is a speech path who sells her stuff on there and I really like it. Just an idea to make your crazy busy life, maybe not so crazy? Anyway, thought I'd say Hi!